Logo der Universität Wien

Can all degrees of foreign universities be recognised in Austria?

No. For filing a nostrification application written documentation is needed stating that the applicant actually needs nostrification for the purpose of working in his/her profession or continuing his/her education (by submitting, for example, a letter issued by the Vienna Board of Education (Stadtschulrat), the Austrian Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer), etc.). Evidence indicating a specific job position or a prospective job is of no relevance for nostrification and will not be considered when evaluating the application. Access for nationals of EU or EEA member states to a number of professions requiring a university degree is governed by separate directives that do not require nostrification.




University of Vienna

Universitätsring 1
1010 Vienna
University of Vienna | Universitätsring 1 | 1010 Vienna | T +43-1-4277-0