Which proof and documents are required when applying for nostrification?
1. Application form
2. Birth certificate and other documents confirming a change of name (e.g.
marriage certificate) if your previous name is used on the certificates
3. Proof of citizenship, passport
4. Residence title (except EEA-citizen)
5. Secondary-school leaving certificate or evidence of general university
6. Curriculum vitae (condensed, highlighting specifically the previous educational
7. Written documentation that the applicant actually needs nostrification for the
purpose of working in his/her profession or continuing his/her education in
Austria (by submitting, for example, a letter issued by the Vienna Board of
Education (Stadtschulrat), etc.)
8. Document confirming that the foreign degree programme was completed
9. Certificates of the exams passed and the academic theses approved
10. Records of study
10.1. Transcript (evidence of admission to a university abroad)
10.2. Curriculum (documentation of the courses of the degree programme
11. Academic thesis
11.1 Diploma thesis, master thesis or doctoral thesis
11.2 A 10-page summary of each of them
12. Payment receipt of nostrification fee (€ 150)
The award certificate must be submitted as original; the other documents may be submitted as originals or as certified copy/copies. For documents in a foreign language certified translations must be submitted. All foreign documents and all copies and translations made in a foreign country must additionally be legalised in the issuing country. Documents from the following countries are exempt from this legalisation requirement: Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Croatia, the Federal Republic of Germany, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden.